[plug] Leaving list

Stephen Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Mon Jul 21 15:19:07 WST 2003

---- Original Message ----
From: kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au,
Subject: RE: [plug] Leaving list
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:32:08 +0800

> Steve
>
>I've also heard of that, I dunno if Telstra still do it and right
>now I don't have time to check their revamped website for
>information but I don't think you should need to "upgrade"
>for ISDN just to get an analogue modem connection speed
>that gives ~4 or 5 kbps throughput.

True, but I was looking at getting a second line anyway, and it was
going to cost about $160 I think. So ISDN was cheaper if you can get
the $99 special, otherwise it is about $350.

Now I'm waiting for AODI (Always On Dynamic ISDN) if it ever happens,
and I don't have to go to BigPond to get it :)

You will find the Telstra ISDN page at:
http://www.telstra.com.au/phones/homeservices/plans_homeline.htm?sub=h
lisdn
(sorry if the browser mangles the URL)