[plug] Mouse Cursor

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Jul 21 15:54:30 WST 2003

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 08:09:18PM +0800, Garry wrote:
> I've just done a Knoppix to the laptop hdd, all good except the mouse
> cursor is very f elusive..
>
> Anyone have an easy fix to make the mouse 2-3x normal size, and black?
> It's just a bit (well ok a lot) hard to keep track of..  8^|==

Since you have knoppix you can install debian packages.  "apt-cache show
big-cursor" says in part:

  Package: big-cursor
   This package provides some large mouse cursors for use under X. It's useful
   for laptop users, for those running X at very high resolutions, and for
   anyone who finds it hard to see the default mouse cursors.

If you use gnome or kde, they might be setting their own cursors, but
it's worth a try.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
The telephone is a good way to talk to people without having to offer
them a drink.
		-- Fran Lebowitz, "Interview"