[plug] RAID on Suse 8.2

Sol Hanna sol at autonomon.net
Tue Jul 22 16:21:38 WST 2003

Hi,

Some time ago I asked about RAID as I'd never used it before. Well I've just
intalled Suse on this server (now that's it's got dinkum RAM!) and all is
well, but I was too much of a bed-wetting pansy to try setting up RAID. Suse
gave the option of setting up RAID during the partitioning phase of install,
but this was software RAID. Now that everything seems okay I'd like to try to
set it up.
My /etc/fstab looks like this:
/dev/hda2            /                    reiserfs   defaults              1 1
/dev/hde1            /data1               auto       noauto,user           0 0
/dev/hdg1            /data2               auto       noauto,user           0 0
/dev/hda1            swap                 swap       pri=42                0 0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
usbdevfs             /proc/bus/usb        usbdevfs   noauto                0 0
/dev/cdrom           /media/cdrom         auto       ro,noauto,user,exec   0 0
/dev/fd0             /media/floppy        auto       noauto,user,sync      0 0

All I want to do is turn /dev/hde1 and /dev/hdg1 into a simple RAID with the
directory /srv mounted there. Is it just a matter of editing fstab? Or is
there a way to do this using YaST?

thankyous; sol