[plug] Realtek NIC and SuSE

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 17:50:04 WST 2003

> 8139too has been the standard RealTek 8139x driver
> for some time...

Out of interest, does anyone know _why_ that is? I've
been wondering for a while, particularly in light of
this:

http://www.scyld.com/network/rtl8139.html#8139too

Sure, it might be seen as simple whingeing on Donald's
part ("Nobody wants to use my driver any more! Boo
hoo!"), but his points do seem valid...

Or is there something I don't know about, such as his
being too busy to maintain the old one?

Andrew

=====
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.
Language, be it English or something else, is the only tool flexible
enough to accomplish a sufficiently broad range of tasks.
                          -- Bill Garrett