[plug] re: kernel -smp conflict

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Jul 23 16:26:50 WST 2003

Good to know, it is built from a source file and then compiled to a rpm file.

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> craig at postnewspapers.com.au 10:27:18 PM 22/07/2003 >>>
> I probably could if I wanted to spend the time.  I guess what I'm asking
> is it should be possible to recompile both kernels with the correct
> module for the broadcom driver needed.  Is this correct?

This driver  - is it being supplied as a binary-only RPM, or are you
trying to build and install an RPM?

If it's the former, you can just extract the RPMs to a directory instead
of installing them, and copy the modules into their appropriate
locations. Problem solved.

Craig Ringer