[plug] telnet server question

Meryon Montgomery monts at pemberton.wa.edu.au
Wed Jul 23 17:24:39 WST 2003

Hi there all,

I have been a silent member of the list for a while now and  have managed to
pick up a wealth of information about various bits and pieces. The question
that I would like to ask concerns telnet. I would like to set up a telnet
server on the computer that I have set up as a PDC runing samba, but i want
to restrict availability to log in to a small set of users with M$ "Domain
Admins" rights. Is there a simple conf file that I've missed or is there
another solution out there, or is something that is in the too hard basket?,
also can you restrict the IP range that has telnet access as well?

Any hints, answers or solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Meryon Montgomery
Maths Teacher / IT Co-ordinator
Pemberton DHS
Western Australia
"The First Law of Computing is Murphy's"