[plug] telnet server question

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 23 18:23:10 WST 2003

In message <3F1E5396.60407 at postnewspapers.com.au>
on Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 05:21:26PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Since your Samba box is the PDC, I presume the user and group
> info is stored on that machine

Meryon, if this is the case they it's probably really easy: just set the
login shell for your privileged user to something valid (zsh, of course!
;). Other users can keep an invalid shell like /etc/nologin or whatever
is okay for your platform. Of course, if users were not set up with UNIX
password hashes then you will need to set up passwords. I have all users
set up their accounts via a web interface which has logic to create
password hashes for all platforms when a user changes his/her password.