[plug] ODBC config and OOo

Sol sol at autonomon.net
Thu Jul 24 15:38:07 WST 2003

Hi there,

Have just been trying to set up the ODBC connection between Postgresql
and OOo and have encountered an unexpected problem.
When setting up my datasource in OOo I can setup  "General" and "ODBC"
okay (it recognizes the ODBC db I set up), but when I click on "Tables"
I get an error:

"No connection could be established for the URL sdbc:odbc:Office  #
Office is the name of the data source I set up
[unixODBC] Error while executing the query'
ERROR: Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'cstring' and 'cstring'
You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast."

What's the problem here?  I have the exact same setup (okay, different
host name) on another machine and it works.

thankyous; sol

--
Sol Hanna