[plug] pppd dying

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jul 25 15:03:51 WST 2003

> I imagine there are lots of people here with similar setups.  How
> reliable is this for you?

I used to have a similar issue, but I remember I eventually dealt with
it. Unfortunately, I don't remember how, since it was when we first got
ADSL quite some time ago. PPPd would just give up instead of trying to
reconnect, no matter what I told it to to.

Hmm... I think actually that it might've been a 'maxfail' setting doing it.

I assume you're using persist, a sensible maxfail, a holdoff period, and
that you've tried setting the 'debug' option to get pppd to be a bit
more verbose?

Craig Ringer