[plug] Mpeg card under Linux

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Jul 27 22:39:43 WST 2003

Hello,

I'm sitting here looking at a mpeg card that I bought a few years ago
but never really used. It says it's a REALmagic MPEG2/DVD decoder
(Videologic) and has Stereo out / S/P Diff out (?) / TV out, VGA out,
and VGA in.

Anyway what I would like to know is if I can use this card for TV out
generally. Or if the TV out only works when it's decoding a DVD or other
mpeg.

So can I have my X11/KDE session output to a TV screen using this card?

--
Chris Caston

Director
Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au

ph:9443 9418
mobile: 0422 978315

chris at debian:~$ host security.microsoft.com
security.microsoft.com does not exist (Authoritative answer)