[plug] Spare Seagate ST310212A

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Mon Jul 28 00:43:07 WST 2003

G'Day pluggers,
	Just to make you all insanely jealous I've just got back from four
weeks in Europe! It was great fun, Berlin was my favourite city.

Anyway, on my return I found that the power supply in my home server had
died. No worries, swap the supply and off we go. However, the HD that
has all my mp3s and all the families documents wasn't working. It would
detect in BIOS and Linux wouldn't see it either.

Closer inspection revealed that whatever broke the PS also blew one of
the chips on the control board on the HD (see
www.diskworld.com.au/boom.jpg).

What I'm after is a replacement controller board so I can recover all
the data to a different disk. The board attaches via contacts, so
swapping it should be really easy. If anyone can loan me one for a
couple of days, it should be returned in perfect working order. If you
could bring it to the PLUG workshop Monday night, even better.

Regards,
Adrian Woodley