[plug] [link] Windows vs Unix *architecture* TCO comparison

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Jul 28 10:10:13 WST 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:51, James Elliott wrote:
> Leon Wrote:
>> http://www.linuxworld.com/2003/0226.tco2.html

> This is the message I got when I clicked on the first of the links
> you sent:

> "File Not Found

> We are unable to find the resource you were attempting to find.

> Please use our SEARCH at the top of the page to locate the particular
> article you were after. "

OK: Search -> "windows linux architecture" -> first hit ->

    http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32639.htm

Sad/ironic quote from Jan 2003 turned up in the search:

    The SCO Group is going to try to push its United Linux-derived
    SCO Linux 4.0 distribution for the otherwise Windows-based
    Unisys ES7000 so-called Windows mainframe and the ClearPath
    Plus enterprise servers that already run Windows and UnixWare
    as well as the Unisys proprietary MCP and OS2200. SCO says
    it'll offer engineering development and 24x7 support. Unisys,
    who's paying the move lip service, always was a loyal UnixWare
    reseller.

    http://www.linuxworld.com/story/21322.htm

WeHaveTheWayOut? I wonder if TSG's approaches prompted that site?

Cheers; Leon