[plug] Gtk 1.x fonts look shocking

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Jul 28 17:29:50 WST 2003

G'day Plug,

After dist-upgrading my Debian machine yesterday, the fonts in Gtk 1.x
programs look absolutely revolting. (See below link for a screenshot.)
Anyone know which package I need to downgrade to fix them?

http://patrick.wattle.id.au/gtk-bleh.png

(I'd've thought it would be libgtk1.2 but that wasn't touched in the
upgrade - and I can't work out which of the upgraded packages may have
affected it.  This of course opens up an alternate possibility that I
may have botched a config file somewhere :( but I certainly don't recall
doing so.)

Oddly it only seems to be only Gtk 1.x that's been messed up - apps
using Gtk 2.x, KDE, Xaw and even FLTK look fine.

Cameron.