[plug] terminal erase and del chars

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jul 29 16:58:33 WST 2003

> Does this give you any clues?:
>
> http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/BackspaceDelete.html

I'll have a look. Thanks. I'm currently bashing my head against the
previously mentioned undocumented termcap-like-file in an attempt to
make it behave. I don't want to have to be changing terminal behaviours,
since it's a total pain, but if I have to...

> Is it a lovely smiley happy SCO app? :)

Nope. That app is a lost cause :-( ... with this one, there's some vague
hope I can get it going. The app I'm now having problems with is in fact
new, being the development environment for the app to replace the old
one on the SCO box. What a great introduction to the devel environment
... "wow, you guys spent less than 30s porting this, didn't you?!?".

*sigh*

Why does linux use YET ANOTHER different backspace and delete code set
to everything else? Weren't there enough to pick from already, setting
aside the (vaguely) standard ^H and ^? ...?

Craig Ringer