[plug] Weird Debian Testing problem

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Sun Jun 1 16:35:59 WST 2003

On 01 Jun 2003 16:25:49 +0800
Onno Benschop <onno at itmaze.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't even know how to begin describing what I'm seeing, let alone
> figure out what to use google for to find an answer, so I'm hoping that
> some list members can ask some silly questions, so I can look for
> answers and see what happens...

Last time I had a free weekend I tried a testing upgrade too,
it did wonderfully odd things, and in the end I completely reinstalled
Gnome and also recompiled Xfree 4.3 just for fun.

One suggestion:

Does logging in as a different user have any effect?  Create a
new user if you have to.  If it does, move the contents of your
home directory elsewhere, login - enjoy the stability and then
put everything not already there back :)

Ryan