[plug] C++ errors

Andrew Pamment pamment at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 1 18:20:43 WST 2003

Hi

Seems I sorted out the first problem.. I just renamed all the
generalOptions files to mirrorPref and it worked.. I have no idea why, i
guess I inadvertently fixed it along the way. This is obviously going to
be a top shelf application when it's done. I can see it now "clumsy
programmer creates amazing program by accident while attempting to write
something completely different"

On Sun, 2003-06-01 at 17:50, James Devenish wrote:

> > my other problem is a gentoo specific one. I upgraded my compiler half
> > way through writing my program and whenever I try to compile it tries to
> > link to the old gcc libraries which dont exist anymore.
>
> Have you got any diagnostic messages to go with that? One possible
> explanation is that you have old linked libraries in your development
> tree. It only takes on of them to have a reference to the old libraries
> and you will have trouble. Can you `make clean` to delete the old
> object files and recompile everything from scratch?

I've tried make clean, I've even dont the dist clean thing and re ran
automake and friends, but I still get this problem. The error message
is..

* libtool: link: cannot find the library
`/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/libstdc++.la'

it should be looking here:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.3/libstdc++.la

i thought about just creating a link so when it looked in the top one it
got redirected to the bottom one, but that seems a bit clumsy to me.

thanks
Andrew

--
Andrew Pamment <pamment at iinet.net.au>