[plug] cdrom back to its max speed after using cdrecord

Russ Pitman rjp at belle.apana.org.au
Mon Jun 2 21:49:53 WST 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 05:10:56PM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Its a backup script: zips a lot of files into a cd sized archive and
> burns them to cdrw, testing each one before going on.  What I need is a
> command after cdrecord to reset the drive back to high speed.  When the
> current run finishes, I will try cdrecord -speed=12 etc and see if that
> works.
>
> BillK

Well, now I am on the same tram !! I have never experienced a cd device that
behaved that way. Does that imply that the device has some sort of memory?

After using any of my drives to burn at any speed when I next read a cd they
just read at the manufactured capacity.

Or am I totally not understanding. ---Thinking some more---

perhaps  "build the iso && burn the cdrw && verify cdrw" will meet the
need ---  that is pretty  much equivalent to chaging the platter, the
more I think the more my head aches.

Asprin-Asprin !!

--
Cheers