[plug] [link] Linmagau on Slashdot

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Jun 3 21:35:57 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 19:08, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just noticed that the article about Gramofile from our own linmagau
> found its way onto Slashdot about half an hour ago - can't be bad
> publicity.  Good luck accessing the linmagau.org site for the next
> little while though :)
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/06/03/0329200&mode=nested&tid=141&tid=185&tid=188
>
> Cameron.

Unfortunately the majority of slashdot users still use Windows. And IE
tends to break standards and sends off a bunch of crazy packets in the
wrong order to make http requests stateless. Makes it faster if it's IE
+ IIS but otherwise the opposite can be true.

IE is basically DDoS malware.

regards,

Chris Caston