[plug] Mozilla viewing

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 5 11:26:18 WST 2003

In message <1054782890.4295.63.camel at jlmpc>
on Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:14:50AM +0800, Jon Miller wrote:
> Like to know how do I change the way Mozilla handles web pages.  If I
> use the viewing to 90% it only changes the size of the text.  What I
> need is for it to change the width to accommodate the page.

Many web pages specify width using explicit pixel values instead of
using relative sizes or leaving the browser to decide. Perhaps Mozilla
is probably just obeying the web designer's specifications?

As you say, Mozilla's text zoom option only zooms the text (otherwise it
wouldn't be called "Text Zoom"). Although it wouldn't surprise me if
Mozilla *did* have some way of scaling the entire page, I imagine the
graphics would become very ugly and possibly unreadable (unless very
recent Mozilla can anti-alias scaled graphics).