[plug] Help wanted

Laurie Anderson vautin at aijv.com.au
Thu Jun 5 15:47:38 WST 2003

   Howdy,
   Hope this is Ok & going to the right place

   Setting up a gateway on a new machine ie; Prosignia 500 as the old gateway machine
   is getting on a bit ancient.

   behind the gateway machine are four other machines

   Have been struggling to get TCP/IP, etc talking to the outside world.

   Examined the following
   /etc/network/interfaces, /etc/resolc.conf, /etc/pdnsd.conf, etc made a few changes

   before I made changes to pdnsd.conf I was able to ping sucessfuly but when I changes
   pdnsd.conf to reflect the nameserver ie; 202.0.184.5  ping failed

   All suggestions/help welcome, sometimes the problem is so easy it is overlooked.

   Thanks

   Laurie