[plug] Ballmer cites Linux, other threats

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Jun 6 11:30:46 WST 2003

"
Advocates of freely shared software such as the OpenOffice productivity
suite were heartened that Ballmer was at last taking their products
seriously and mentioning them by name.

"Reaction so far has been along the lines of 'cool,' " said Louis
Suarez-Potts in Berkeley, Calif., who manages the OpenOffice development
community with funding from Sun Microsystems. "We are pleased that
Microsoft recognizes us as a legitimate contender. We've been recognizing
ourselves this way for the past two years."
"

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/134908115_ballmer05.html

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
www.decisions-and-designs.com.au/jacqueline

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.computerangels.org.au)