[plug] images on cd

bob bob at fots.org.au
Fri Jun 6 19:14:12 WST 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 03:10 pm, William Kenworthy wrote:
> I have been asked by someone to put a lot of images on cd (from film
> slides).  Is there an application that will put something on the cd as a
> menu or index ?  HTML seems the ideal format, I could whip something
> basic up, but is there anything already available?
>
> BillK

Late reply, only just seen the thread.

Others have mentioned konquerors album functions which are fine as far as it
goes. If you want something a little more flexible have a look at Album
http://MarginalHacks.com/Hacks/album
along with TKAlbum
http://nebel.gmxhome.de/tkalbum/

They (along with a couple of dependencies and a selection of themes ) make
for a very usable album generator that can be "tuned" to CD burning. What's
more album is a perl script so its customisable, TKAlbum makes the process
very GUI user friendly and you can also use album from the command line
quite handily. I've used it extensively, largest album produced so far is
>800 Mb over 3000+ images

HTH
--
All people are born alike -- except Republicans and Democrats.
		-- Groucho Marx