[plug] Microsoft introduces the AutoSubscribe.B feature to Outlook users

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jun 6 20:35:56 WST 2003

In message <20030606122524.GB17849 at erdos.home>
on Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 08:25:24PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> | YHBT.
>
> I'm trying to make sense of this acronym in the context you used it.
> Normally YHBT = You Have Been Trolled, yes?

Yep, the very same. Perhaps it seems like loose usage to you? I intended
it from the USENET perspective, in which someone may have an unfortunate
(though not incorrect) reaction to a particular stimulus (the "troll" in
this case was some misbehaving software). I suppose it might seem like a
twisted usage since normally there a sentient person doing the trolling.