[plug] Bugbear/B

Kai Jones kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au
Tue Jun 10 14:11:05 WST 2003

We've only had a few attempted infections here (ie, users receive infected
email but Command picks it up) and to my knowledge none of the infected
emails have succeeded to reinfect.
A friend of mine in Perth got his desktop machine infected, he runs
PC-Cillan...I think that program sucks but he's paid for it for a year so
he's using it. Even though he's got it set to auto update and auto-run
itself at midnight every night it still didn't pick up the infection, I got
a virus infected email from him yesterday, checked the headers and called
him and that was the only way he found out his machine was infected.

Having a virus scanner and keeping it up-to-date is essential
Having a virus scanner that actually works (ie Vet) is just as critical !