[plug] Bugbear/B

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Tue Jun 10 14:35:50 WST 2003

Craig Ringer wrote:

> Gotta love being able to say "it might be a windows executable, so
> we'll just delete it."

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q290497&id=kb;en-us;Q290497

That gives you a nice list of Windows executable type files to block :)

I just use Command AV for Linux with amavis and Postfix to scan all
email for viruses, and block attachment types once its done that.  I
should really do it the other way around to reduce processing, but
knowing how many viruses are indeed getting bounced is interesting to
know (especially when talking to management about how effective
something they've just spent money on is).

/ Ben