[plug] Another network question (IP Aliasing)

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jun 10 15:18:23 WST 2003

> I can suggest a solution that gives you one out of two of those
> requirements. It is not ADSL, Dial-Up or ISDN with very competitive
> rates. It's always on.
>
> I'll give you a hint:
>
> 	Look at my .sig
>
> Pricing is ~$150 per month, 400K down, 76K up, 1.25Gb included. There
> are bigger and smaller plans/data/speeds/contracts available.

Interesting. I wasn't aware of any wireless providers since iiNet's
Cityspan service. Unfortunately, its unsuitable for a main link due to
the low data allowance and low speed (especially outgoing). Tempting for
a backup link, though - the monthly price isn't attractive for a service
to be used for a day or 2 every couple of months, though.

All that'd really be needed would be to give other ISPs the option of
installing DSLAMs in Telstra exchanges, using their /own/ links to their
main services. No more Telstra network in your DSL service = more
reliable DSL service.

Craig