[plug] re: RAID5 & Hot Spares

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Jun 12 12:32:25 WST 2003

Thanks for that, this would not be an issue, it'll be installed on a dual Xeon 2.4GHz with 2GB RDIMM server.

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 12:20, Jon Miller wrote:
> Has anyone configure RHL7.x to use a RAID5 with a Hot Spare drive? if so, are there any issues I need to be aware of?

Im running it here at the moment. Only issue is that it is a little bit
heavy on the resources (cpu) on occasions. If you are installing on a
newer maching ie >1G cpu then it isnt an issue.

Initially we had it running on a p3 500 and it was a sorry sight indeed.

cheers

> Thanks
>
> Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
> Director/Sr Systems Consultant
> MMT Networks Pty Ltd
> http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au
>
> "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
>  is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

Patrick Tehvand
IT Officer
Carey Baptist College

P: +61 8 9394 9148