[plug] Stupid SMB question

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 12 21:14:35 WST 2003

I've installed Samba on a new server and joined the NT domain using
	smbpasswd -j domain
It's authenticating OK against the NT 4.0 PDC and I can use another
Unix Samba system to connect to the shares using username/password
pairs defined on the PDC... but neither the PDC nor any of the
Windoze machines can connect. The new machine is listed amongst the
"servers" on the PDC but can provide details because of a "path"
problem.

I've missed a step, or done something out of order... the other
Samba server configured the same way come months ago and is
recognized throughout the domain.

This is too wierd for me to figure at the moment.

What's missing/wrong?