[plug] Linux security idea - maybe

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Jun 13 15:49:55 WST 2003

Denis,

Sorry that I am not really answering your question in it's purest sense
but I hope this helps:

Probably what you are looking for is a MACL (Mandatory Access Control
Layer) that only gives user accounts certain very limited permissions
but this is much harder to setup and administer than DACL (Discretionary
ACL)

This assumes that if someone breaks into an account running a webserver
server they can only do things that the webserver is allowed to do which
can be kept to the absolute minimum.

I think the following *MAY* be a DACL based distro:

EnGarde

http://infocenter.guardiandigital.com/