[plug] fstab and directories

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Fri Jun 13 19:22:16 WST 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 07:02:51PM +0800, Craig Dyke wrote:
> HI All
>
> Hopefully a quick question:
>
> I have windows partitions on my hard drive.
> They are mounted manually and my fstab looks like:
>
> /dev/hde2	/windows/c	vfat	user,noauto 0 0

To give read access to everyone, add umask=022 to the flags.  ie

 /dev/hde2     /windows/c      vfat    user,noauto,umask=022 0 0

Or to give read and write access to everyone

 /dev/hde2     /windows/c      vfat    user,noauto,umask=000 0 0

This is specified in the man page for mount, in the section "Mount
options for fat".

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says: