[plug] re: php & mysql

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sat Jun 14 15:18:14 WST 2003

I'm trying to update both PHP and MySQL on a server from version 3 to version 4.  No matter what I try the upgrade will not take place.  Since the server is new and there is no data in the database, I'm wondering is it better to remove both PHP and MySQL from the system and installing the ver4 packages.
When I try rpm -Uvh or rpm -Fvh both just go to the prompt no errors or anything but no upgrade either. Also I get a bunch of dependencies, when looking at these it appears the dependency is for RH8.  Since this is a RHL7.3 server, not sure I want to mix it up that way.

Any advice?

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby