BSOD Was: Re: [plug] Bugbear/B (Kai/Ben)

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 09:47:07 WST 2003

> > By the way, does any one have a program that will
> > create a BSOD under windows, i.e. it will FORCE a
> >bsod
>
> In windows 95/98 - Start > Run > /con/con
> Won't work on NT, however.

For NT and derivatives, try this classic:

http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/csrss-backspace-bug.html

I've verified it under XP Home, and (I think) 2K Pro.
Good fun.

Andrew

=====
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.
Language, be it English or something else, is the only tool flexible
enough to accomplish a sufficiently broad range of tasks.
                          -- Bill Garrett