[plug] Server "diff"

Brad Hill brad at marketcast.com.au
Tue Jun 17 14:41:00 WST 2003

I want to know an easy way to get a list of all of the file differences
between two servers...

I was thinking of using rsync or something but am not quite sure of how to
get it to just LIST differences rather than actually downloading and
updating all the files...

This is just so i can find all the changes a previous admin has made to a
default system so i know exactly what deviations from the norm we have in
place, but obviously i want to extend it to everything down to file
permissions etc just to make sure the previous admin hasn't also introduced
security holes i'm so far unaware of.

Any suggestions much appreciated and (hopefully) none will get flamed.