[plug] LILO - Timestamp mismatch ! Wot' I do !?!?

bob bob at fots.org.au
Wed Jun 18 15:04:42 WST 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:19 pm, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> In Debian, I found that every time I installed a new kernel image,
> lilo would be run - annoying when it blats over grub. To disable
> this, put the line "do_bootloader = no" into /etc/kernel-img.conf.
> There's some more things that seem applicable in
> /usr/share/doc/grub/README.Debian too :)
>
> In regards to the original question, perhaps you have some strange
> timestamps either on your kernel images or the files in /boot ? Have
> you fscked lately? :)
>
> Regards,

I think I am going to take the advice given elsewhere and remove lilo
altogether. Fixed :)

The filesystem timestamps would appear to be ok as grub booted fine once I
had installed it. I think there was just something crufty with lilo that it
was not able to get itself out of.

--
Women give to men the very gold of their lives.  Possibly; but they
invariably want it back in such very small change.