[plug] anti-spam rbls

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Thu Jun 19 10:55:31 WST 2003

Hi all,

I'm curious as to what blacklists people on the list use on their own
mail servers to block spam?

I'm currently using relays.ordb.org, sbl.spamhaus.org,
proxies.relays.monkeys.com and just started using dnsbl.njabl.org as
well yesterday.  I've found that sbl.spamhaus.org seems to block the
most out of those.  I turned notification back on, on my work's mail
server yesterday (mainly to see how effective dnsbl.njabl.org is) and
from approximately 2pm until now its bounced 134 spam messages with
those bls on a mail server with only 40 users (and only about 30 of them
actively use email).

Anyone have any other blacklists that they find effective?

/ Ben