[plug] EPIC4 line wrapping

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Thu Jun 19 18:14:34 WST 2003

Hi folks,

I use the EPIC4 IRC client via a screen session on my home machine when
at work.  I use gnome-terminal at work to connect back to it.

I want to be able to right click on URLs that appear in IRC chatter and
launch them - this is fine for short URLs, but not long ones.
Gnome-terminal can not deal with the line breaks that occur when a URL
has to wrap in EPIC4.  Wrapped URLs from other output it can handle
fine.

Sooo, does anyone know how to stop EPIC4 from adding line breaks, and
trust the terminal program to do it?

I have cleaned up wrapped URLs in EPIC4 with 'set -word_wrap' and 'set
-continued_line' so that the URL does not wrap unless it absolutely
must, and will not add a + on wrapped lines, but can't find any other
options of relevance to help.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan