[plug] linux4imac?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jun 20 18:13:19 WST 2003

> I need to find Linux instal CD/s for my imac

Oh, one suggestion: if you do want to try out linux on your computer, a
"live" CD might be the way to go. There are CDs with Linux on them that
you can run straight from the CD, without having to install Linux on
your computer. This makes it much easier to test and see how well Linux
works with your computer, and to get an idea of what Linux in general is
like.

Off the top of my head I don't know of any live CDs for MacPPC - anybody
on the list know of one? I believe Scott mentioned a Gentoo live CD - is
that available as a precompiled and packaged ISO?

Craig Ringer