[plug] kernel, nvidia, debian woody

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Tue Jun 24 12:56:03 WST 2003

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, quoth John Knight:

> Ther kernel's instaled and the nvidia binary isntallation programme seems to
> work fine but the module doesn't seem to want to load. What's this
> nvidia-kerenel-src package you speak of? Is this actually distributed on the
> woody cds?

Yes, or at least it's part of woody, so I assume it's on the CDs :)
(haven't actually installed from CD in years)

It's a wrapper script that downloads the actual source from nvidia, hence
avoiding the undistributable aspect of it.

apt-get install nvidia-kernel-src nvidia-glx-src

and read through /usr/share/doc/nvidia-{kernel,glx}-src/

Regards,

 - Matt