[plug] Database advice - Newbie

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Tue Jun 24 13:42:48 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 12:47, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <1056427179.18164.10.camel at latte.internal.itmaze.com.au>
> on Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 11:59:39AM +0800, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > I especially don't like constructing SQL text queries with PHP (is
> > there another way?).
>
> > I' not sure what you're asking here,
>
> Specifically, how to construct SQL queries (esp. UPDATEs) without having
> code that is like "UPDATE blah WHERE ".stuff." blah $stuff"

Uhm, now I feel ignorant - no better place to be - is there any other
way? I mean, I've created generic routines that take that actual
construction away from me, but essentially, that's what's happenning
underneath.

"Please master, tell me more." said the eager grashopper...

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..