[plug] Telstra take note

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Jun 25 09:25:24 WST 2003

Particularly that last sentence. (-:

Subject: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Driving distance (was Chicago area.)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:54
From: Brian Derr <DESPAMMED>

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 11:34:41AM -0500, Ed Hurst wrote:
> An old Anchorage-ite joke about Glennallen:
>
> "Hey, I've gotta go up to Glennallen today."
> "Glennallen... Glennallen... I seem to recall the name, but can't
> recall what I saw there."
> "Yup, that's the place."
>
> (Other town names will fit there, too.)

Yep, that's the one!  One grocery store and a Tasty-Freeze with some
other miscellaneous shops strewn about.  However, my grandpa who still
lives "in" Glennallen (17 miles out, actually) has DSL!  It amazes me
how there are people that can't get DSL in the middle of suburbia but
my grandpa which is 17 miles from the nearest town which is hundreds
of miles from the nearest city has DSL.

Brian

Glenallen is a little (pop 600) town in Alaska.

http://www.myalaskanvacation.com/communities/glennallen/glennallen1.html
http://www.akinformation.com/akinfo/data/scak/scak.htm

Cheers; Leon