[plug] [OT] - sorta - Prices - New computer shop

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Thu Jun 26 10:53:58 WST 2003

Hi Guys,

This is for the people who were asking about cheapish hardware.

Found a new computer shop on Murray St yesterday and wandered in to waste
time. Result being I got a quote from the guy for a new system. Some of the
stuff seems VERY cheap.

Liteon CDRW 52x24x52 $85  (can also get ASUS or Sony for the same price)
Liteon DVD                         $70

M$  Optical mouse + keyboard   $60

The question is, are these good prices or am I letting my enthusiasm run
away with me?

Regards

RichardM

PS Just to stay on topic, the machine would run Linux, naturally.