[plug] PDA Opinions/Sources

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Jun 26 13:56:35 WST 2003

On Thursday 26 June 2003 11:28, Bernd Felsche wrote:

> Is about $750 reasonable? (Trinix)
> http://www.trinix.com.au/r_pda.htm

It might be, but EverythingLinux have them for $635. ^_^
   http://www.everythinglinux.com.au/item/SL5500ZAURUS

$635 is the best (and one of the few) prices I've seen for the 5500 so far.
(And mail order from elsewhere in Aus is "local" enough too. ^_^)

> > Hardly Normal stock them, bu I can't answer for the prices. I'm
> > waiting for the new Sharp - SL-C7[56]0 which was launched in Japan
> > recently. It's available as an English conversion from
> > dynamism.com, but that's certainly not a local purchase.

Oooh! Well, I think the SL-C7[56]0's would be much better (Mmmmm, wide
screen), but price is an issue here. I'd rather not stray over $500 by much.
$635 is reasonable, but I'd get it cheaper elsewhere if it was available. ^_^

Actually, reading up on dynamism.com on those new ones has me drooling even
more, but they're way out of my current budget range. Maybe later...

The 5600 would be nice (over the 5500), but I doubt I'd get it anywhere near
$635 - and the main difference seems to just be CPU speed.

I might just have to go visit Hardly Normal some time soon...

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |