[plug] Re: Java servlets with tomcat application server

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Jun 26 15:40:22 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 14:55, David Buddrige wrote:
> > I have written the attached [very] basic servlet.  I am now attempting to
> > run it using the TomCat application server.  I have placed the
> > HelloClient.war in the webapps/ directory of the jakarta-tomcat program,
> > and re-started the tomcat server by running the bin/shutdown.sh followed
> > by the bin/startup.sh scripts. However when I go to
> > http://localhost:8080/HelloClient, an error page is displayed rather than
> > the output of the HelloClient program.
> >
> > Do you know anything about how tomcat works, and why it might not be
> > working?

While I don't know anything about tomcat, perhaps a description of the
error page would be helpful. Also, if there is an access and error log,
you might find some useful information there.

Let us know how you go...

Perhaps the HelloClient.war file is only readable by the author, not the
web-process...

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..