[plug] Migrate HDD on headless server

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 29 08:49:55 WST 2003

Thanks for all the advice. The only partions I have on the Headless server
is root and swap. I don't need swap as the load is never very high. What
partions do I need to create on the new disk? Just swap and a /proc
directory? I think dd across sounds easiest. I don't have a spare machine
to put the drives in as my box is locked into a cabinet takes time to
unlock it.
I will try the suggestions when I know I have enough time for problem solving.
My main reason for a new disk is I need to install gcc so that the windows
users can have their linux without needing to install heaps on their own box.
Thanks
Tim

weirdo at linuxalien.tk
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a free .tk domain please contact me

ICQ# 255176389
MSN weirdo at linuxalien.tk

Riverton, Perth, WA