[plug] xfree86 4.3 install options for Debian sarge?

Daniel cottmain at plug.linux.org.au
Sun Mar 2 13:18:39 WST 2003

Hello All,
I hope to use xfree86 4.3 to get one of the new chipsets going:
I could wait for the official deb package (how long does it normally
take?), do a manual install (necessitating a manual removal before any
later updating?) or try the unofficial site below for sid (will this
stuff up other dependencies?).  What's the best option?

Thanks,
Daniel.
(
http://apt-get.org/search ....
XFree86 4.3 for sid (last checked 2003-03-1) Arch: all,i386, powerpc
maintained by dstone at trinity dot unimelb dot edu dot au
These debs have been heavily tested and ported; every one of the 58
patches applies without offset or fuzz, packages are renamed to what
they should be and split where needed, and more.
Packages in database: lbxproxy, libdps-dev, libdps1, libdps1-dbg,
libxaw6, libxaw6-dbg, libxaw6-dev, libxaw7, libxaw7-dbg, libxaw7-dev,
deb http://xf86-debs.mirror.positive-internet.com/current/sid/$(ARCH) ./
)