[plug] Memory testing

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sun Mar 2 21:45:34 WST 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 09:06:36PM +0800, Craig Dyke wrote:
> I have been having some trouble lately with my puter and have
> been told by a number of people that the problem is more than likely
> with my memory (RAM not brain).
>
> I have run memtest on my machine for 48 hours and yielded no errors found.

If memtest claims its good, then most likely it really is (memtest
is really quite stressful). What are the problems you're
experiencing?  A common cause of general wackiness is heat - CPUs
are generally pretty well catered for, but hard drives seem a common
culprit. See how warm they get and if there's sufficient air blowing
around them.

Sorry I didn't actually answer your question :)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham
 bernard at blackham dot com dot au