[plug] Kernel compile

J Michael Gilks gilksjm at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 5 15:07:17 WST 2003

Ok, just tried out the new kernel. Didn't work, got a kernel panic message.
However I am now feeling brave enough to redo the compile. I obviously left
out something I shouldn't have. Trying too hard to cut down the size and not
include drivers for non installed hardware etc.
Looked like some interesting laptop stuff loading before it died though.
Thanks for the help.
I will continue now that I know how to do this and, most importantly, that I
can recover and use the old kernel.
Love
Mike.