[plug] Nozzle Check pattern comes out as gibberish

Ari Finander outrider at operamail.com
Fri Mar 7 01:46:25 WST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: garry <garbuck at westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 00:00:38 +0800
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] Nozzle Check pattern comes out as gibberish

> This is a tough question.
>
> You remove a Linux box which worked fine, putting in a misbehaving XP box.

Not quite.  I added a linux box, turned it into a file sharing and backup server using samba, and have now got printer sharing working under samba as well.  The XP box was on the network prior to this, and it printed fine through an e-smith box which has now been removed from the network because its duties have been taken over by the new linux box, which also works fine.  The only issue I'm having is that when I send a diagnostic "nozzle check" pattern to print from the samba shared printer attached to the new linux box (redhat8), it prints out gibberish.  This happens from thw Win98SE computer that's also on the network and using the linux box for printing and backup.  I was just wondering if anyone had an idea why everything else works when sent to this printer from the windows boxen except the nozzle check pattern.  This nozzle check pattern printed successfully through the e-smith box that has recently been retired and replaced with the aforementioned redhat8 box.

Does this clarify things any?

Ari