[plug] Gnucash and double entry was: ATO: Linux ECI version request

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Mar 7 15:07:14 WST 2003

I'm still very new to both gnucash AND accounting but I have found some
articles suggesting it might:

http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/0916.gnucash.html?post=255&lastpage=1

http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:hfkkNTDhzyMC:www.gnucash.org/docs/C/xacc-doubleuse.html+gnucash+%22double+entry%22&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

http://www.ncsysadmin.org/july2001/ncsa-gnucash-talk.html

I'm going to look into this as part of my intro to accounting home work.

I sent back a message to the ato confirming my request for a Linux
client and included some brief discussion about the possibility of them
rewriting the java ECI client to work on any platform that supports the
Sun Java engine.

I got the following reply from the ato:

*snip*

Thank you for contacting the ESD Technical Support Centre with your
inquiry.
Your request has been registered, and has been assigned the job number
01AC007200. Please quote this number in all future contacts with the ESD
Technical Support Centre on this issue.

Our Level Two help desk technicians are currently investigating the
issue
you have raised, and will contact you as soon as a solution is
available.
Please note that in normal conditions you will be contacted within three
working days.

*snip*