[plug] script error

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sat Mar 8 10:18:43 WST 2003

I'm having a problem when executing a script.  The problem stems from the following:

I need to run the command
vQMDIR=/path of a location
.
.
.
.
# This line is supposed to run the program qm qrt.%1 (whatever is stored in the first parameter) when running the program (ex: ./sop XXJDOJs ), the information XXJDOJs is what I', looking for in %1.

$vQMDIR/qm qrt.%1 release

The error message is as follows:
Error opening inputfile qrt.%1

Should I assign this to a variable and then use this variable in the qrt.varXXX?
Can I use the %1 to represent the parameter?
%1=varXXXX

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby